1. Shoewear. Flares itself elongate your legs and you can wear flats or heels with it. However, if you really want to achive that oh-wow look, wear heels and you'll seem like a model's height. Unless you are one. I'd opt for chunky heels, wedges or platforms for more comfier look and pointed pumps for sleek and elegant one.
2. Blouse or basics. If you want to go for something less preppy, try wearing a basic top or a shirt (maybe even denim one) tucked in, front tucked or half tucked. A simple button-down is best idea and the same goes for a tank top. To be super casual, add a graphic tee or tank. Remember the previous paragraph? Stick with pointed heels and throw on a chiffon or silk blouse for a more office-appropriate attire.
3. Layer. I'd divide this section into casual and elegant again. Because there are many options you can achieve a certain look. Kimono or fringe vest are choices I'd go for when planning a day trip or when attending a concert or a picnic. Blazer or (faux) suede jacket is ideal for an elegant look when you hang out with your friends or participate in a conference.
4. Touch up. Wear a belt for enhancing the look and outlining your waist (since most flares are waist high). You might spice up an outfit with a pop of colour via a bag (shopper or oversized bags in general are great options). What I would most love to see are embroidered flared jeans. If you can't find ones, go for a budget friendly choice and buy patches from either H&M or Bershka and just place them where you'd like them to be.
5. Try avoiding. Even if we are talking about flared jeans, they should be fitted to the knee to keep and emphasize your body proportion and then flare out gradually. Wear the perfect hem because no one wants to see torn jeans (flared jeans aren't a version of ripped boyfriend jeans). Don't exaggerate with denim-on-denim-on-denim-on... you get the picture. If you layer too many pieces of the same material, each piece will get lost on you and won't be able to stick out.
As I like to tell everyone, if you have a great idea developed in your mind of that perfect outfit, just go for it! 😍 And maybe share it with the rest of us.
Thank you for reading and I will talk to you on Monday.